Sarah G. Passeri is an attorney in Holland & Knight’s New York office, as well as a member of the firm’s Litigation Practice Group. Ms. Passeri's practice focuses on aviation and complex litigation matters, as well as asset-based financing, leasing, acquisitions, sales and securitizations, with a particular emphasis on aviation and equipment finance.
Domestic and foreign transportation companies rely on Ms. Passeri to represent them in all types of civil litigation, including claims involving wrongful death and personal injury, mass torts, product and premises liability, regulatory violations, breach of contract and commercial disputes. She also represents clients in all roles in a variety of transactions, including loans, sale and leasebacks, operating and finance leases, and pre-delivery payment financing. Ms. Passeri's notable experience includes:
- Representing air carriers in disputes arising out of the Flight 447 accident in the Atlantic Ocean, the Flight 1951 accident in Amsterdam and the Flight 6 accident in Dubai
- Securing dismissal of numerous types of passenger claims on preemption grounds under the Airline Deregulation Act, the Federal Aviation Act and accompanying regulations, the Aviation and Transportation Security Act, and international treaties, including the Montreal Convention
- Coordinating company responses to large-scale government investigations and subpoenas
- Assisting with the joint-venture financing of spare-part components and the subsequent leaseback of such components
- Representing foreign banks in connection with lending for the acquisition of numerous new and used aircraft across multiple foreign jurisdictions
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Passeri served as a law clerk to the Honorable Judge Anita Florio, New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Second Department.
Ms. Passeri has experience flying single-engine aircraft. She also is a competitive distance runner and has completed the Boston Marathon and New York City Marathon on multiple occasions. Ms. Passeri is the Public and Charitable Service partner for the Charlotte office and the co-chair of the Women’s Initiative for the New York office.
- The George Washington University, B.A., French and International Affairs
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- New York
- North Carolina
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- New York City Bar Association, Committee on Aeronautics, Treasurer, 2009-2017; Secretary, 2017-2019; Co-Chair, 2020
- International Air & Transportation Safety Bar Association (IATSBA), Emerging Leaders Section, Newsletter Editor, 2010-2014
- International Aviation Women's Association (IAWA)
- Rising Star Aviation, Finalist, Euromoney Legal Media Group Rising Stars Americas Awards, 2020
- Who's Who Legal: Transport, Aviation Contentious, 2021
- Law360 Rising Star, Transportation, 2019
- Legal Media Group's Americas Rising Star Award, Aviation, 2018, 2019
- Guide to the World's Leading Lawyers, Legal Media Group's Expert Guides, Rising Star, Aviation, 2016
- Holland & Knight Rising Star, Class of 2016