Tommy Peebles is a real estate litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Nashville office. Mr. Peebles focuses his practice on matters related to eminent domain.
When eminent domain or condemnation matters arise, both landowners and condemning authorities look to Mr. Peebles to usher a fair and just resolution. Respecting the fact that land acquisition through eminent domain can be an emotionally charged situation, he adopts an easy-going and caring attitude. Landowners and condemning authorities alike understand that his primary goal is to ensure that just compensation is achieved.
Mr. Peebles has represented both sides in a variety of eminent domain matters and provided counsel on all aspects of a given project, including location, construction, and operation. Clients who have turned to him for his assistance come from a variety of industries, including airports, natural gas, power, roads and sewer.
Businesses and individuals have also benefited from Mr. Peebles' extensive experience in complex worker's compensation matters and real estate disputes.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D.
- University of the South, B.A., cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- Nashville Bar Association
- Maury County Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Duck River Development Agency, Board of Directors, Chairman
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law, 2013-2020, 2022-2024
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Lawyer of the Year, Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law (Nashville), 2023