Paul J. Punzone is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Tampa office. Mr. Punzone focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and dispute resolution in state and federal court. His experience includes counseling clients and litigating a wide range of issues, including business disputes, maritime disputes, breach of contract disputes, real estate disputes, franchise disputes, intellectual property claims, and consumer protection claims.
As part of his practice, Mr. Punzone represents clients across a wide variety of industries, including the marine, financial services, construction, firearms and defense, product manufacturing, and healthcare industries.
Mr. Punzone’s recent representative matters include:
- prosecuting and defending breach of contract and business tort claims, including fraud, tortious interference, negligence, and breach of fiduciary duties
- prosecuting and defending real estate actions, including landlord-tenant disputes, disputed commercial property acquisitions, and negligent disclosures
- prosecuting and defending actions relating to corporate officer malfeasance, including matters relating to duty of care, duty of loyalty, fraud, and shareholder disagreements
- prosecuting and defending claims for trademark and copyright infringement
- defending clients from statutory consumer protection claims, including matters relating to deceptive and unfair trade practices, unfair debt collection practices, and warranty claims
Mr. Punzone is passionate about engaging in pro bono work for non-profit organizations and under-privileged individuals. His recent pro bono representations include:
- represented an underprivileged individual in contract dispute with construction company
- represented musicians in royalty dispute with former business partner
- helped a charitable organization incorporate as a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation
- advised a charitable organization on proper corporate governance practices and assisting with restructuring efforts
- assisted non-profit organization in establishing a scholarship endowment
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Punzone worked under the Honorable James S. Moody Jr. and the Honorable Anthony Porcelli of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, and the Honorable Michael Williamson of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of South Florida, B.A.
- All State Courts in Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Florida
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2019-2021
- University of Florida Order of the Coif, 2017
- "Up & Comer," Under 30 Category, Tampa Bay Business Journal, 2017
- William C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, Best Overall Oralist, Honorable Mention