Russ Rabinovich is a New York real estate attorney who focuses his practice on office and retail leasing transactions. Mr. Rabinovich represents landlords and tenants in connection with complex commercial leasing transactions in New York and nationally.
In addition, Mr. Rabinovich has significant experience in negotiating leases, subleases, management agreements, brokerage agreements and other leasing-related transactions. He recently represented the owners and developers of some of the most prestigious hotels in New York City, in connection with restaurant leases and other food-and-beverage-related agreements.
Mr. Rabinovich's recent engagements include:
- represented SL Green Realty Corp. in a 1.6 million-square-foot lease to Viacom International at 1515 Broadway; at the time, this transaction was the largest-ever New York City office lease (other than a few sale-leaseback arrangements)
- represented Brookfield Office Properties in connection with a lease for 1.2 million square feet at One New York Plaza to Morgan Stanley, at the time, the largest single asset office lease in New York City since 2008
- represented Lazard Group LLC in its long-term headquarters lease of approximately 440,000 square feet at Rockefeller Center in New York
- represented SL Green Realty Corp. in connection with its joint venture to develop a Pace University dormitory tower at 33 Beekman Street in Manhattan
- represented a landlord in a complex transaction involving the conversion of a sublease to a direct lease of more than 500,000 square feet of prime New York City office space over an aggregate term of 20 years
- represented one of the "Big Four" accounting and professional services firms in connection with major leases throughout the United States
- represented the owners of several prominent office buildings in New York City in connection with their leasing of office and retail space
- represented the owners of several prestigious hotels in connection with various retail leases and food-and-beverage management agreements
- represented the owner in connection with the development, financing and leasing of a multi-use project consisting of more than 800,000 square feet of retail space and 1,000 residential units in Flushing, N.Y.
- represented a Caribbean government in connection with the purchase of the headquarters for its Permanent Mission to the United Nations
- represented several prominent insurance companies and a global banking and financial services firm in connection with various major leases throughout the United States, including the renewal of a lease for more than 400,000 square feet in New York City
- represented an AmLaw 100 law firm in connection with its leases of office space in New York City and Boston
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- New York
- American Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2021
- New York Super Lawyers magazine, 2018-2020
- Rising Stars, New York Super Lawyers magazine, 2011-2015
- The Legal 500 USA, Real Estate, 2010