Eric L. Ray is an attorney in Holland and & Knight's Miami office and works in the firm's Litigation Section.
Mr. Ray has successfully represented both domestic and foreign clients in complex federal and state cases, as well as in arbitrations administered by the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR) and the American Arbitration Association (AAA). He is well-versed in advising on business disputes, including real estate and title insurance litigation; business torts, including fraud; banking litigation; corporate and partnership disputes; insurance litigation; and employment disputes. Mr. Ray has also presented on business and litigations issues related to the attorney-client privilege and work product doctrine.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Ray worked as a public relations executive in New York.
In the community, Mr. Ray is active in numerous organizations, including United Way, Chapman Partnership for the Homeless, University of Miami Citizens Board, and the American Israel Public Affairs Committee's (AIPAC) South Florida Real Estate Division. Mr. Ray also provides pro bono legal representation to children in foster care through Lawyers for Children America, to juveniles in immigration court proceedings, and to individuals seeking asylum in the United States. Mr. Ray previously assisted the Innocence Project in successfully exonerating a wrongfully convicted man after spending 25 years in prison.
During law school, Mr. Ray was an intern in the Center for Ethics and Public Service, a Dean's Merit Scholarship recipient and served as an articles and comments editor for the University of Miami Inter-American Law Review. In addition, he served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Gerald B. Cope of the Florida Third District Court of Appeal.
Mr. Ray's representative engagements include:
- representing national real estate developer in numerous breach of contract actions against general contractors and subcontractors
- representing multiple real estate developers in easement and title disputes
- representing real estate investors in a declaratory judgment and breach of contract action against a national real estate developer
- representing a homeowner in a trial against a title insurance company arising from a title dispute involving a multimillion-dollar home
- representing a national insurance company in multiple lawsuits against premium finance companies arising from alleged fraud
- representing a Fortune 100 healthcare benefit management company in a breach of contract action against a hospitality company
- representing an international medical product distributor in a breach of contract action against an international medical product manufacturer
- representing an executive in an employment contract dispute against a former national company
- representing various foreign and domestic wine manufacturers and distributors in actions against a wine distributor
- representing a national bank in matter relating to pursuit of suspicious activity reports (SAR)
- representing an international pharmaceutical manufacturer in a two-week arbitration hearing against a software developer in a breach of contract action
- representing an international music manager/promotor in a dispute against a competing promotor
- representing a physician in a breach of contract action against a healthcare management company
- representing a regional grocery chain in a hearing before the Florida Board of Health
- Colgate University, B.A., Political Science
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Take Stock in Children, Member, Board of Directors
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2013-2017
- Florida Legal Elite "Up & Comer," Florida Trend magazine, 2012
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star Award, 2017