William A. Ringhofer
William A. Ringhofer is a Chicago litigation attorney who focuses his practice on general commercial litigation matters. Mr. Ringhofer has experience in a variety of subject areas, such as breach of contract, employment, product liability, antitrust and toxic tort defense, including asbestos litigation in several counties.
Mr. Ringhofer also has experience aiding financial services clients with regulatory compliance matters, including assisting in product development to strengthen client understanding of various compliance obligations, and additionally has experience representing clients in commercial foreclosure matters.
Before joining Holland & Knight in his current position, Mr. Ringhofer was a summer associate in the firm's Litigation Section, and has spent his entire legal career with Holland & Knight.
During law school, Mr. Ringhofer spent a year working at the Notre Dame Tax Clinic, where he assisted low-income taxpayers with state and federal tax controversies, drafted tax court petitions, and assisted in advising clients on how to best manage their tax deficiencies. Additionally, he served as a managing senior editor on the Journal of Law, Ethics and Public Policy, and as a research assistant in the area of constitutional law. Mr. Ringhofer also helped to start the school's First Generation Professionals organization, where he was the group's inaugural president.
Prior to law school, Mr. Ringhofer worked as a high school substitute teacher, as a maintenance supervisor at an outdoor concert venue, and in the food service industry.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A., History, summa cum laude
- First Generation Professionals, University of Notre Dame Law School, President, 2020-2021
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2021
- Anne C. Hamilton Award, University of Notre Dame Law School, 2021
- Faculty Award for Excellence, Second Amendment Law, University of Notre Dame Law School, 2021
- Faculty Award for Excellence, Tax Clinic II, University of Notre Dame Law School, 2021
- Faculty Award for Excellence, Federal Income Taxation, University of Notre Dame Law School, 2020
- Honor Roll, University of Notre Dame Law School, 2019-2021
- Faculty Award for Excellence, Business Basics for Attorneys, University of Notre Dame Law School, 2019
- Faculty Award for Excellence, Torts, University of Notre Dame Law School, 2018
- Robert H. Bierma Scholarship for Superior Academic Merit in History, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2016