Courtney Oakes Robertson is a Fort Lauderdale attorney in Holland & Knight's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice as well as Financial Services Litigation Practice. Ms. Robertson focuses her practice on commercial litigation and consumer financial services litigation.
Ms. Robertson's experience includes handling contested foreclosures, real estate and title issues and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) regulatory compliance, as well as assisting clients in an assortment of civil litigation matters arising in the state and federal context. Ms. Robertson represents financial institutions such as national and state banks, credit card issuers, auto finance companies, mortgage lenders and servicers, and other consumer financial service providers. She has successfully defended clients against consumer claims stemming from alleged violations of the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act (FCCPA) and Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), among others.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Robertson handled consumer financial services litigation matters for a Birmingham, Alabama-based law firm in its Fort Lauderdale, Florida, office.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Florida, B.S., cum laude
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Broward County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- American Bar Association
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2021