Joe Rudberg has practiced in the international tax field for more than 45 years. He represents multinationals, principally foreign clients and their U.S. affiliates, in the planning and implementation of international joint ventures, international construction projects, mergers & acquisitions, international expansion or contraction of operations, and intellectual property ownership and licensing. He advises foreign energy and financial services clients in planning for their entry into the U.S. market via foreign and domestic legal structures.
Mr. Rudberg has taught graduate level law school courses on international tax and has served as an organizer and lecturer at various seminars and institutes dealing with international legal and tax issues. He previously served as the Chair of the International Law Section of the State Bar of Texas and the Texas Supreme Court's Task Force on the Practice of International Law. In June 2012, he was elected as the Regional Vice President for the Dallas Region of the International Fiscal Association (IFA).
- Duke University, B.A.
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., with honors
- Member, American Bar Association; International Section; Tax Section; Business Law Section
- Member, State Bar of Texas; International Section, Council Member, 2003-2012, Secretary and Treasurer, 2006-2007, Vice Chair, 2007-2008, Chair, 2008-2009; Tax Section; Business Law Section
- Member, Dallas Bar Association; International Section; Tax Section; Business Law Section
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, International Fiscal Association, Vice President for Dallas Region 2012-present
- Member, International Tax Association of Dallas
- Member, ANADE (Asociacion Nacional de Abogados de Empresa, A.C., Seccion Nuevo Leon)
- First foreign member of the Nuevo Leon Section of ANADE (a national association of Mexican industrial/corporate counsel)
- Guest lecturer at ANADE, Canadian Petroleum Tax Society, Dallas Bar Association, Practicing Law Institute, Southern Methodist University School of Law, State Bar of Texas, and various other seminars and programs on international law and taxation
- Participated in organizing and served on the Board of both the Dallas Bar Association's International Law Section and the Southwest Chapter of the United States-Mexico Chamber of Commerce
- Supreme Court of Texas Task Force on Practice of International Law in Texas, Chair of Drafting Committee for new Rule XIII 2010-2014
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Tax Law, 2010-2022
- Recognized Attorney, The Legal 500 United States by Legalease (Tax: International Tax), 2015-2021
- Texas Super Lawyers magazine, 2003-2004
- Who's Who in Finance and Industry
- Who's Who in America