Evelyn Seeler has more than 20 years of experience representing Wall Street institutions, national and regional banking institutions, hedge funds, mortgage lenders and servicers. She has also represented the FDIC and the SBA in their receivership capacities. Ms. Seeler maintains a diverse practice that includes general commercial and creditors' rights litigation, loan workouts and restructurings, bankruptcies, foreclosures, receiverships, lien enforcement, condemnation, and landlord-tenant litigation at both the state and federal levels. She has protected lenders' interests in loans secured by commercial, multifamily and healthcare properties.
Ms. Seeler's practice also focuses on federal and state regulatory matters involving residential and commercial lenders, with particular emphasis on purchasers in the secondary mortgage market. She has represented national and regional lenders in the defense of predatory lending claims and other federal and state consumer legislation.
- Represented national bank associations, through special servicers, in numerous federal and state commercial foreclosure proceedings in New York
- Defense, dismissal, and resolutions of several multi-million-dollar actions against a large lending institution claiming violations of TILA, RESPA, Regulation Z, and the Deceptive Practices Act
- Defense and resolution of action against a national banking institution for breach of contract, tortuous interference with contractual relations, and misappropriation and misuse of confidential information
- Pursuit and resolution for a national banking institution against mortgage brokers for warehouse lending fraud
- Defense and resolution of an action against a federal credit union alleging violations of the Federal Credit Union Act
- Resolution of numerous condemnation claims for a New York tax lien servicer
- Represented securitized tax lien trusts in numerous NYC tax lien foreclosure matters
- Represented special servicers in connection with collateralized loan obligations and CMBS securitizations
- St. John's University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Richmond, B.A., cum laude
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- CRE Finance Council
- Monday Night Legal Advisory Workshop, Volunteer and Former Co-Chair
- Committee for the Provision of Legal Services for Persons of Moderate Means, Former Member
- Empire State Counsel, New York State Bar Association, 2015-2020