Sean C. Sheely
Sean C. Sheely is a partner in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Group of Holland & Knight's New York office. Mr. Sheely is a proven trial lawyer who has successfully obtained favorable verdicts for clients after jury and bench trials in state and federal court. He focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation, including claims for breach of contract, fraud, misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty and business torts.
Mr. Sheely has also served as lead counsel in recent international and domestic arbitrations where he won favorable awards for clients in proceedings administered under the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and American Arbitration Association (AAA) rules.
Mr. Sheely represents public companies, not-for-profit organizations and individuals in regulatory investigations conducted by various federal and state agencies, including the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), New York State Attorney General's Office, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and Department of Health (DOH). He also conducts internal investigations for companies confronting allegations of misconduct and financial fraud.
Mr. Sheely has successfully litigated intellectual property matters involving patent infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition. He handles antitrust and securities matters, as well as professional malpractice and insurance and reinsurance cases.
With more than 25 years' experience, Mr. Sheely has appeared and argued cases on behalf of clients in trial and appellate courts throughout the United States.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- The University of Chicago, A.B., with honors
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- All State Courts in New York
- All State Courts in New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association, Member Dispute Resolution Section
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Federal Bar Council
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020, 2021
- ABA Military Pro Bono Project Outstanding Services Award, 2014