David Sofge is a Fort Lauderdale attorney who represents banks, broker-dealers, insurance companies and other financial intermediaries.
His experience for banks and broker-dealers includes:
- bank financing for private equity investments by U.S. and foreign firms
- representing banks in developer loan workouts and receiverships
- bank acquisitions and mergers
- advising issuers and banks on municipal bond offerings, including the issuance of direct-pay letters of credit as a payment protocol
- assisting banks and broker-dealers with cross-border securities and investment advisor compliance
- intermediating between U.S. financial institutions and foreign counsel for compliance with privacy and data protection requirements
- representing U.S. banks in connection with international supply chain finance, including the use of web platforms to satisfy various foreign law requirements
His experience for insurance companies and their affiliates includes:
- advising on design and compliance for structured financial products
- negotiating and documenting "stable value" and other arrangements between regulated financial institutions
- working as part of task force for national litigation arising from securitization products offered by an insurance company, including responsibility for settling 25-plus cases throughout the U.S.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D.
- Florida State University, B.S.
- American Bar Association
- Top Dealmaker of the Year - Distressed Real Estate, Daily Business Review, 2012