Steven Sonberg is the Managing Partner of Holland & Knight. As Managing Partner, Mr. Sonberg is the chief executive officer of the firm, overseeing the strategic growth and direction of the firm and the management of all aspects of the firm's operations. Prior to his election as Managing Partner in 2008, he served as chair of the firm's Business Law Section for five years.
Mr. Sonberg is a corporate lawyer whose practice focused on the areas of mergers and acquisitions and securities law. His practice included the representation of domestic and international businesses in mergers and acquisitions, offerings of equity securities and debt, and matters involving corporate governance. Mr. Sonberg represented clients engaged in a variety of business sectors, including healthcare, pharmaceuticals, technology, real estate and transportation.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation
- New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, B.S., Accounting
- The Florida Council of 100
- University of Miami, Board of Trustees
- Best Lawyers®, Advisory Board
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD)
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Corporate Compliance Law, Corporate Governance Law, Corporate Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, 2001-2023
- South Florida Business Journal, Ultimate CEO Award, 2018
- Florida 500, Florida Trend, 2019, 2021