John L. Stansbury practices in Holland & Knight's Miami office and is a member of the firm's Private Wealth Services Group. Mr. Stansbury advises clients seeking to efficiently transfer and preserve wealth from one generation to the next, and helps them achieve their goals by developing and implementing various estate planning structures tailored to their needs. In addition, Mr. Stansbury is experienced in implementing family office structures for ultra-high-net-worth families, providing guidance on business succession planning, governance, taxation and other issues of importance to each particular family.
Mr. Stansbury concentrates his practice on drafting complex trusts, wills and other estate planning instruments. Further, he is experienced in trust and estate administration both during the life and following the death of the settlor/decedent, as well as in protecting the rights of settlors and beneficiaries through trust and estate litigation. Additionally, Mr. Stansbury is experienced in asset protection planning, including premarital and postmarital planning and the creation of asset protection trusts.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, LL.M.
- University of Florida, B.S., Accounting, magna cum laude
- University of Florida, M.Acc.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section
- Best Buddies South Florida Advisory Board Member
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Book Award in Legal Research and Writing, and Legal Drafting