Michelle Suárez is a partner in Holland & Knight's Dallas office in Financial Services. She advises financial institutions, capital companies, business credit divisions and private capital funds in connection with their lending and investment transactions. Ms. Suárez has represented senior lenders throughout her 20 years of practice and, in particular, has an extensive understanding of structuring and negotiating complex asset-based credit facilities. She also has in-depth experience in senior cash flow products, tranche-B financings, leveraged acquisitions, recapitalizations, equipment financings, subordinated debt and mezzanine investments, as well as venture capital and other equity financings.
Ms. Suárez also counsels senior lenders, subordinated lenders and equity investors in the complex intercreditor arrangements critical to various types of transactions, along with workouts and restructurings for troubled investments. For large syndicated credit facilities, Ms. Suárez represents agent banks, co-lenders and participants. She also advises buyers and sellers in secondary debt trading transactions, particularly in distressed credits.
- Cornell Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., with high honors
- Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2012-2013
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section and Commercial Finance Committee, Subcommittee on Syndications and Lender Relations, Co-Chair, 2008; Subcommittee on Syndications and Lender Relations, Co-Vice Chair, 2006-2008
- Association for Corporate Growth, Dallas/Fort Worth Chapter, Board of Directors, 2011-2015; Vice President of Special Events, 2011-2015; Committee Co-Chair, 2009-2012
- Dallas Zoological Society, Board of Directors, 2005-2011
- The State Bar of Texas, Business Law Section
- Commercial Finance Association
- Turnaround Management Association