Matthew Swerdlow is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight’s Dallas office and is the co-practice group leader of Holland & Knight’s Texas Real Estate Practice Group. Mr. Swerdlow has extensive experience representing lenders in loan transactions (including construction, interim bridge, permanent and revolving facilities) secured by commercial real estate (including multifamily, industrial, warehouse, office, hotel and senior housing). He regularly represents lenders in their capacity as administrative agent on syndicated loan facilities.
Mr. Swerdlow also regularly counsels owners and developers in connection with the acquisition, financing, development and disposition of a variety of types of improved and unimproved real property.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A.
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- North Dallas Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- Dallas Regional Chamber, Board of Advisors, 2016-2019
- Dallas Rotary Club Foundation, Trustee, 2013-2019
- Corporate Citizen of the Year Award Committee, Rotary Club of Dallas, Co-Chair, 2012-2013; Chair, 2013-2015
- Rotary Club of Dallas
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association, Real Property Section and Energy Law Section
- State Bar of Texas
- One to Watch, The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2021
- Rising Star, Texas Super Lawyers magazine, 2018-2021