Joseph "Joey" Valdivia is a West Palm Beach commercial and civil litigation attorney. Mr. Valdivia has significant experience in the areas of fraud and asset recovery, labor and employment disputes, qui tam/False Claims Act defense and complex business litigation.
Mr. Valdivia's principal focus is to detect and investigate fraud and recover stolen assets. He regularly helps clients recover financial losses triggered by complex fraudulent schemes and other unfair or deceptive practices. With his background in tax and accounting, Mr. Valdivia works closely with data analytics teams to identify suspicious patterns and other abnormalities that point to potentially unlawful activity. He then designs and prosecutes innovative civil actions to recover losses caused by these illicit schemes. His efforts have helped clients recover substantial losses stemming from illegal kickbacks, patient brokering, unnecessary medical procedures, unlawful and sham ownership structures, unlicensed repair work and fraudulent claims submitted to insurers.
In law school, Mr. Valdivia served as the production editor for the Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy and as a law clerk for the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Florida. After law school, Mr. Valdivia served as a judicial fellow for the Honorable Cecilia M. Altonaga, U.S. District Court Judge for the Southern District of Florida.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D.
- University of Notre Dame, B.B.A., Accounting
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Notre Dame Club, Palm Beaches Chapter
- Dean's List, University of Notre Dame