Julia Ines Velasquez
Julia Velásquez Torres is a corporate attorney at Holland & Knight's Bogotá office. Ms. Velásquez Torres focuses her practice on a variety of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions.
Ms. Velásquez has advised sellers and buyers in national and transnational acquisitions of local companies, asset disposals, joint ventures and complex corporate operations. She has extensive transactional experience in various sectors, including retail, food and beverage, mining, transportation, pharmaceutical, agribusiness, private equity funds, logistics and technology.
Ms. Velásquez also is secretary of arbitration tribunals for the Center for Arbitration and Conciliation of the Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá and professor of Negotiation and Contracts at the Universidad de los Andes for the course "Legal English for Business."
- Universidad Externado de Colombia, Specialization, State Contracting
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, LL.M.
- Universidad de los Andes, Specialization, International Business Law
- Universidad de los Andes, J.D.
- Chambers Latin America Colombia, Corporate M&A, 2019-2023
- Chambers Global Colombia, Corporate M&A, 2019-2023
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions, 2020-2023