Jesse S. Vogtle Jr.
Jesse Vogtle has delivered comprehensive and efficient solutions to major case participants in complex commercial Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases for more than 34 years. His practice has expanded to a national platform representing financial, healthcare, and energy companies and creditors in both in-court and out-of-court insolvency proceedings. He advises clients on the business aspects of bankruptcy and workout, and represents clients in matters in bankruptcy court, as well as in other state and federal courts.
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D.
- The University of Alabama, B.S.
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Birmingham Bar Association, Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section, Past Executive Committee Member, Chairman, 2000
- Alabama State Bar
- Alabama Bar Association, Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section, Chairman, 2009
- Task Force to Evaluate Alabama State Bar Section Financial Management, Past Chairman
- Alabama Wildlife Federation (AWF), President, 2020-2022; 1st Vice President, 2019-2020; 2nd Vice President, 2017-2018; Chairman, Audit Committee and Legislative Committee, Nominating Committee, and Executive Committee
- Friends of the Gardens, Board of Directors, Birmingham Botanical Gardens, 2021-2024
- Five Star Plantation, Board of Directors, Management Council, 2013-2020
- The Birmingham Zoo, Elected Director Emeritus, 2017; Board of Directors, 2006-2016, Chair, 2013 - 2015
- Public Affairs Research Council of Alabama, Board of Directors, 2000-2018; Chair, 2016
- Alabama Symphony Orchestra Maestro's Ball, Ball Chairman and Host, 2022
- Alabama Symphony Orchestra, Past Corporate Chair, Current Member; Corporate Committee, 2015-present
- Mountain Brook City Council, 2006-2014; President Pro Tempore, 2006-2010
- Leadership Alabama, Class of XXIII, Birmingham Regional Council, 2013-present
- Leadership Birmingham, Class of 2011
- Synovus Financial Corp., Advisory Board, 2022-Present
- BBVA Compass, Young Advisory Board, 1992-1998; Advisory Board, 2002-2021, National Advisory Board, 2020-2021
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Alabama), 2010-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2010-2023; Commercial Litigation, 2010-2023; Litigation - Banking and Finance, 2010-2023; Litigation - Bankruptcy, 2010-2023; Litigation - Real Estate, 2010-2023
- Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine, Bankruptcy: Business, 2009-2022, Business Litigation, 2022, Banking, 2022
- Birmingham Magazine, Top Attorney, Bankruptcy Law, 2012-2013
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated