Alexandra E. Ward is an environmental attorney in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office. Ms. Ward focuses her practice on a broad range of environmental and land use litigation, transactional and regulatory matters at federal, state and local levels.
In addition, Ms. Ward has represented municipal clients in state administrative proceedings for large-scale solar energy project applications, including conducting comprehensive environmental review of large-scale solar projects, drafting applicable legal papers, negotiating with the project applicant and appearing before the agency board for procedural conferences and hearings.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Ward worked for an Albany, New York-based law firm representing corporate and real estate groups with environmental regulatory compliance issues.
While in law school, Ms. Ward was a legal intern at the Solicitor's Office for the U.S. Department of Interior (DOI), as well as a judicial intern for the Honorable Patty Shwartz of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Additionally, Ms. Dobles interned at the Pace Land Use Law Center and the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission.
- Pace University School of Law, J.D., Environmental Law Certificate, summa cum laude
- Yale University, School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, M.S., Environmental Sciences
- Swinburne University of Technology, B.S., Environmental Sustainability
- Northeastern University, B.A., Environmental Studies and History
- District of Columbia
- New York
- American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy and Resources (SEER), Environmental Transactions and Brownfields Committee, 2018-Present
- New York State Bar Association, Environment & Energy Law Section, 2014-Present
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Washington, D.C., Land Use and Zoning Law Ones to Watch, 2021-2024; Washington, D.C. Environmental Law Ones to Watch, 2024