Loren Weil is a banking and finance lawyer who focuses his practice on a variety of corporate finance transactions. Based in Holland & Knight's Chicago office, Mr. Weil has more than 35 years of experience representing banks, private debt funds and commercial lenders in loan transactions, workouts and other complex financial transactions.
Mr. Weil represents numerous financial institutions in secured and unsecured loan transactions in connection with sponsored acquisitions and other leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations and senior debt facilities established for large corporate and middle-market borrowers. These matters, ranging from asset-based loans to multibillion-dollar, investment-grade syndicated credit facilities, have involved borrowers in a wide spectrum of industries and have included cross-border transactions with entities in many jurisdictions.
In addition, Mr. Weil has represented numerous business entities acting as borrowers, including financial sponsors and their portfolio companies, in negotiating and closing credit facilities.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Weil was a financial services attorney for a international law firm, based in its Chicago office.
- Duke University School of Law, J.D.
- Duke University, A.B., Economics, magna cum laude
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Board of Trustees, 2004-2023
- Duke Law Alumni Association Board of Directors, 2023
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Banking & Finance, 2023
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Banking and Finance Law, 2012-2023
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2021