Lindsey Sciavicco Williamson is a public policy attorney in Holland & Knight's Atlanta office, where she focuses her practice on regulatory and administrative law.
As part of her regulatory practice, Ms. Williamson represents clients before myriad Georgia state and local governmental agencies, including the Public Service Commission and the Office of State Administrative Hearings. She provides counsel for contested cases through the preparation of testimony, research and analysis, with an emphasis on public utility law and the natural gas industry. Ms. Williamson has counseled clients on a wide range of public utility issues, including rate case proceedings, certificate of public convenience and necessity proceedings, county-wide safety plans, and capacity supply plans. Ms. Williamson also has experience counseling public utility clients on responding to natural disasters and pandemics, including the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ms. Williamson has experience advising clients on syndicated and single lender facilities, including cash-flow facilities, asset-based loans and real estate financings.
Ms. Williamson also is an experienced litigator and has assisted clients in matters involving false advertisement, administrative litigation, contract disputes, product liability, construction litigation and public officer ethics.
In addition, Ms. Williamson provides in-depth pro bono representation to several groups. Her work includes drafting agreements for a nonprofit organization that serves to protect children and prevent child abuse, assisting a disadvantaged community seeking to pass legislation to protect its rights to land, drafting wills for clients with terminal diseases and advocating for the improvement of conditions in jails in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Ms. Williamson also serves as the Atlanta office's fundraiser representative for United Way.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Williamson interned at the Walton County District Attorney's office as part of the Prosecutorial Clinic, where she had the opportunity to handle hearings and take guilty pleas, as well as write briefs and assist with trial preparation for the Special Victims Unit.
Ms. Williamson interned for Judge Stephen Dillard of the Court of Appeals of Georgia and volunteered with the Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children (CASA), championing the best interests of abused and neglected children in courtrooms and communities. While at the University of Georgia, she was a member of the editorial board and an articles editor on the managing board of the Georgia Law Review. Ms. Williamson was published in Volume 48 of the Georgia Law Review.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Georgia, B.A., Political Science and Spanish, magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- All Trial Courts in Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia, Business Section and General Practice and Trial Law Section
- Women's Energy Network
- Georgia Legal History Foundation
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Atlanta Energy Law Ones to Watch, 2021-2024; Atlanta Administrative/Regulatory Law Ones to Watch, 2023, 2024; Atlanta Financial Services Regulation Law, 2024
- Holland & Knight Rising Star, Class of 2024
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star Award, 2017, 2018
- Prosecutorial Clinic Student of the Year, 2015
- Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction (CALI) Award in Federal Civil Procedure I, 2012