Josh Wood helps employers navigate through and resolve day-to-day human resource and employment law issues, often on a moment’s notice. Companies rely on Mr. Wood for help in identifying, developing and executing business solutions to a vast array of workforce issues faced by employers of any size, including internal investigations, leave and accommodation intake and management, employee disputes or complaints, and employee discipline and termination decisions. He prioritizes helping clients preempt and resolve employment disputes in a manner that mitigates risk and avoids costly (and often unnecessary) litigation.
Mr. Wood is an experienced and creative problem solver and solutionist. He serves as a resource throughout every level of his clients’ organizations, including offering daily support and counsel to the c-suite, human resources, recruitment, procurement, operations personnel and management. For the last two years, he has served in a secondment role acting as in-house employment counsel for one of the largest employers in Tennessee.
Mr. Wood also represents employers in breach of contract disputes and matters involving allegations of harassment, discrimination, retaliation and wrongful discharge. He regularly defends clients against EEOC enforcement actions, employment class actions, and FLSA collective actions.
His experience entails charges brought under federal and state laws, including:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- State anti-discrimination laws
Mr. Wood regularly speaks to lawyers and human resources professionals, as well as employers and state regulatory agencies, on best practices in the workplace to reduce the risk of litigation.
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, J.D./D.C.L
- University of Tennessee, B.A., Political Science;Theatre
- All U.S. District Courts in Louisiana
- All U.S. District Courts in Tennessee
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville LGBT Chamber of Commerce, Corporate Secretary and Board Member
- Metro Nashville Human Relations Commission, Commissioner
- 40 Under 40, Nashville Business Journal, 2023
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Ones to Watch, Labor and Employment Law - Management, 2023, 2024