Prepare & Protect Yourself for a Hurricane, Emergency or Disaster (Clearwater)
Join the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association, Willis, and Holland & Knight for a FREE interactive meeting offering your organization the vital tools essential to be prepared for a hurricane, emergency or disaster.
Have you included employment issues in your organization's hurricane plan?
Find out what you can do to protect your organization against employment claims arising from hurricanes and other natural disasters. Among the topics that will be covered are the following:
- May employees be discharged for refusing to report to work during or after a hurricane?
- Are employees who are not working due to storm closures entitled to wages and benefits?
- What precautions are necessary when using volunteers in hurricane recovery?
- What should be included in your HR hurricane preparedness plan?
- Key and essential elements required within any hurricane insurance plan
- Planning, logistical, and human resource measures surrounding any good hurricane/disaster recovery plan.
- CPR, choking and automated external defibrillators
- Other practical tools and preparedness plans from the Emergency Management Department and the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association, the largest trade association in Florida
All attendees will receive an instructional hurricane preparedness handout.
To reserve your seat, call 305.443.5355 or send an email to LHernandez@frla.org. The subject line of your email should read: RSVP Hurricane. Please note which date and location as there are five events throughout Florida.
Other dates and locations:
- June 10, 2:30 - 4:30 a.m., The Biltmore Hotel, Coral Gables
- June 11, 3:00 - 5:00 p.m., Orange County Convention Center
About your speakers:
Among the speakers will be four Holland & Knight lawyers who have counseled clients on these very issues for many years. They include:
Eddie Diaz, Miami, Erika Royal, Fort Lauderdale, Ann Hensler, Tampa, and Guy Farmer, Jacksonville.