Intellectual Property Trademark, Copyright & Licensing Counsel Forum, an ALM/Corporate Counsel Event
Intellectual Property and Technology Partner Richard Raysman will co-chair Holland & Knight sponsored event Intellectual Property (IP) Trademark, Copyright & Licensing Counsel Forum. Intellectual Property Partner Joshua Krumholz will be a panelist for Copyright and Trademark Litigation: Learning From Recent Online Case Developments and Intellectual Property Partner Thomas Brooke will be a panelist addressing Trademark Protection Across Industries.
The recent jump in web and mobile technology allows infinite threats to the intellectual property of corporations worldwide, but these same tools can also present a wide range of opportunities for new products and services to become profits.
How will the law address our new digital reality? Recent cases, such as Authors Guild v. Google, are a good illustration of how the law intends to define whether it should be rigid in preventing the wide distribution of trademarked and copyrighted products and services or whether it will allow greater flexibility.
Among other topics, the forum will cover:
- The new practice of IP in house: addressing the digital age
- Copyrights & new media: is the law keeping up with changes in technology?
- Copyright litigation: learning from recent online case developments
- Maximizing resources to protect your trademark portfolio
- IP, the new commodity: monetizing your copyrights and trademarks
- Trademark protection across industries
- Creating a strong licensing program
- Addressing privacy & ethics in intellectual property