- Holland & Knight's Intellectual Property Group offers a broad array of legal services to safeguard your assets, including patent litigation; patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret protection; and licensing agreements.
- Our team provides a full range of services designed to help you protect your innovations and succeed in a fiercely competitive global market.
- Applying our technical knowledge and experience, we will devise strategies to protect and optimize your intellectual property assets globally.
In today's increasingly competitive global marketplace, where ever-changing technologies and accelerated product development are the norm, growing and maintaining your intellectual property (IP) portfolio and protecting your company's investments and innovations are critical. Whether you are a global business operating around the world or an individual entrepreneur with an innovative idea, developing, managing and protecting your intellectual property portfolio is essential to ensure your long-term success.
Holland & Knight's Intellectual Property Group provides a complete range of legal services designed to help you protect your innovations and succeed in a global competitive market. With a full understanding of the issues and challenges our clients face and extensive experience addressing all forms of intellectual property law, we are well-positioned to effectively and cost-efficiently protect your interests.
Protecting Your Assets
As you develop new products and services and your intellectual property assets grow, you will likely face increased business threats. You need skilled intellectual property attorneys, including trial lawyers, who can safeguard your investments.
Holland & Knight's intellectual property attorneys have extensive experience protecting client interests before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and in the various courts and tribunals across the country. Our team of technically savvy attorneys ─ who are as comfortable in the courtroom as they are in comprehending your technology ─ includes trial lawyers who understand that each case presents its own business dynamics and client objectives. We readily understand your technology, innovations and grasp the underlying sciences. In the courtroom, we can effectively communicate your complex technologies to judges and juries. This ability enables us to successfully handle matters from inception through trial verdict and appeal when necessary.
We offer a broad array of IP services to safeguard your assets and protect your business, including patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and unfair competition litigation; TTAB opposition proceedings; PTAB proceedings; and the development, implementation and enforcement of the full spectrum of intellectual property protections. Our team regularly assists clients with the creation of anti-piracy and anticounterfeiting programs, and the development and implementation of licensing strategies, programs and agreements.
An Experienced Team You Can Trust
Intellectual property is a key focus at Holland & Knight where we provide you with IP services from a global platform. Our intellectual property attorneys are experienced in a wide array of technical disciplines, with many holding advanced technical degrees in areas such as computer and software engineering, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering. Our team includes a former USPTO examiner who offers an insider’s perspective on USPTO rules, regulations, procedures and practices.
When it comes to acquiring and shielding your most important assets, you need a team of intellectual property law attorneys you can trust to focus on protecting your interests. Working with our Intellectual Property Group ensures you direct support from a global network of professionals offering both depth of knowledge and breadth of experience. Our team is comprised of:
- trial lawyers with a deep understanding of your business and your technology who are ready to fight for your intellectual property in the courtroom
- patent attorneys who are accomplished professionals with advanced degrees in a number of science and engineering disciplines
- trademark attorneys, including a former trademark examining attorney from the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- copyright attorneys experienced in the full range of copyright protection issues and defense of infringement claims
- attorneys proficient in related practice areas such as technology and emerging companies, media, communications and entertainment, and antitrust, trade regulation and competition
- attorneys who routinely appear before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and its Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) and Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), the U.S. International Trade Commission and other tribunals
Holland & Knight works as an integrated team. Regardless of your location, we will select the intellectual property attorneys within the firm who best fit your specific needs and will staff your matter accordingly. If litigation is needed to accomplish your objectives, we can quickly assemble a litigation team comprised of skilled practitioners who are knowledgeable about your subject matter. We are engineered to respond at a moment's notice — whenever and wherever your needs arise.
Our team includes an investigative unit that collaborates with outside resources, including language experts, industry professionals, computer forensics specialists and survey firms, to provide you with comprehensive litigation support services. This group regularly assists clients in seeking ex parte seizures, customs remedies and preliminary injunctions, and interfaces with law enforcement in prosecutions of intellectual property crimes.
The Intellectual Property Group at Holland & Knight is committed to protecting your interests throughout the world by devising strategies to optimize your intellectual capital while addressing infringement and competition to enhance your market position.