Financial Threats to Tribal Casinos Webinar: Part 1
Holland & Knight Program
The Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) imposes many detailed anti-money laundering obligations on tribal casinos. If they are not met, it can cost the casino millions in penalties as well as reputational damage. Casino management can also be held personally responsible and subject to individual financial penalties. Government regulators are now focusing on casinos, and the risk of large fines is increasing.
In the first in a series of webinars, Holland & Knight attorneys will discuss potential financial threats to tribal casinos under the BSA, the key issues that are causing the greatest financial danger and what to expect if you are audited by the IRS for BSA compliance.
By attending this program, you will:
- gain an understanding of the major financial risks driving effective BSA compliance
- learn what regulators expect casinos to do for effective "Know Your Customer" (KYC) standards and controls
- learn how to identify and correct the most common BSA compliance deficiencies before a federal agency audits your facility
- understand the important role of casino management as well as tribal gaming commissions under BSA compliance
- Kathleen Nilles | Partner
- Gregory Baldwin | Partner
- Vince Farhat | Partner
- John Haney | Associate
Continuing Legal Education
Holland & Knight will make all reasonable efforts to seek CLE credit for this program in states with an MCLE requirement. Holland & Knight is an approved provider in California, Georgia, Illinois, New York and Texas. In certain instances, some programs may not be awarded CLE credits because of content, delivery or jurisdictional restrictions. For New York-barred attorneys, this program's format qualifies for CLE credit for transitional (newly admitted) attorneys and experienced attorneys.