- Holland & Knight has extensive experience in helping clients design, implement and enforce comprehensive enterprise-wide compliance and ethics programs to reduce their potential legal exposure.
- Our Compliance Services Team takes a proactive approach, guiding clients through the establishment of programs, planning and conducting compliance risk assessments and compliance audits and addressing a broad range of matters.
- We advise our clients on the evolving regulatory and enforcement landscapes for their businesses, ensuring that their compliance efforts are effective and their companies are protected.
In today's business climate of increased regulation, oversight and enforcement, companies need effective corporate compliance and ethics programs. Holland & Knight has extensive experience in assessing our clients' particular risks within their industry or field. Our goal is to work with you to create and implement an effective compliance and ethics program structure that meets your legal obligations, educates your workforce, allows your management to better understand and avoid potential regulatory and enforcement risks and provides a mechanism through which you can respond to regulatory and compliance issues.
Our Compliance Services Team defends and protects organizations in both internal and external civil and criminal investigations, advises our clients on whether to make voluntary disclosures to government agencies and addresses corporate governance issues. While we aim to spare our clients the expense and reputation damage associated with trials, Holland & Knight's experienced trial lawyers are fully capable of defending our clients in court when the need arises. We have represented companies both large and small, centralized and dispersed, that operate domestically and on a global scale. We represent publicly-traded and privately-held companies in a broad range of complex matters affecting heavily regulated industries, including:
- government contracts
- international trade
- healthcare and life sciences
- environmental and energy
- election law and campaign finance
- consumer product manufacturing and distribution
- banking and finance
Holland & Knight has assisted clients in responding to issues involving a number of laws and regulations, including the:
- False Claims Act
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other international trade laws
- Anti-Money Laundering statutes
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act and other environmental laws and regulations
- Anti-Kickback and other provisions of the Medicare Patient Protection Act, the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other laws and regulations related to medical products and services
- Troubled Assets Relief Program (TARP)
- USA Patriot Act
- state and federal labor and employment laws
Members of the Compliance Services Team write often on enforcement and compliance issues and conduct seminars for clients and other organizations on these issues.
Click here for a list of representative engagements.