GovCon and COVID-19: Updates and New Resources
Holland & Knight Webinar
The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to impact government contractors on numerous fronts, from relationships with federal agency customers and employees to agreements with subcontractors and vendors. During the past six weeks, there have been multiple legal developments and lessons learned as all stakeholders in the public procurement community adjust to the reality of the pandemic. Holland & Knight attorneys Kara Ariail, David Black, Eric Crusius and Bob Tompkins will provide updates and analysis of what to expect and how best to respond to the challenges and opportunities arising from COVID-19.
- operational disruptions and adjustments, local orders restricting activity and closing businesses, increased costs, agency guidance and increased demand in certain sectors
- affirmative relief for increased costs, including potential remedies under Section 3610 of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), in which the government eliminates or reduces access to contractor worksites
- defensive relief from unexpected delays in performance
- possibility of indemnification of hazardous work under Public Law 85-804
- new authorities for priority rated orders and export controls regarding certain types of personal protective equipment under the Defense Production Act (DPA)
- employment issues arising from the response to COVID-19, including legislative developments
We hope you will join us for this timely and highly informative presentation.
Continuing Legal Education (CLE)
Holland & Knight is an approved CLE provider in several jurisdictions, including California, Georgia, Illinois, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas. All reasonable efforts to seek CLE credits for this program will be made. In certain instances, some programs may not be awarded CLE credits because of either content or jurisdictional restrictions. For New York attorneys, this program's format qualifies for CLE for transitional (newly admitted) and experienced attorneys.