Maria Camila Aponte Martinez is an environmental attorney in Holland & Knight's Bogotá office, where she focuses her practice in public and natural resources law. Ms. Aponte primarily advises companies in the energy, oil and gas, mining, industrial, agrochemical and infrastructure sectors regarding their environmental matters.
In addition, Ms. Aponte has relevant experience regarding prior consultation processes, public hearings and popular consultations. She is well versed in assisting clients in environmental sanctioning proceedings and has advised several licensing, modification and assignment of environmental licenses.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Aponte served as a public servant in the Ministry of Justice and Law (Colombia). Prior to that role, Ms. Aponte served as an environmental law attorney for one of the "Big Four" law firms in Colombia.
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, LL.M.
- Universidad del Rosario, Specialization, Public Law
- Universidad del Rosario, J.D., with academic excellence
- Scholarship Recipient, Asociación Cavelier del Derecho, Universidad del Rosario, 2014, 2015
- Scholarship Recipient, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, 2020, 2021