Brian S. Atherton is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Boston office. Mr. Atherton focuses his practice on commercial real estate, primarily representing tenants in connection with the leasing and development of retail, restaurant, office and warehouse locations, as well as buyer-sided acquisitions. Mr. Atherton brings value to his clients by optimizing leasing processes and best practices.
Mr. Atherton also has experience working on the landlord and seller sides of negotiations, which provides him with a valuable perspective into how they handle key issues that arise.
Ultimately, Mr. Atherton enjoys getting his clients to the goal line, on time and on budget, and relishes the opportunity to tackle complications that can arise during a deal.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Atherton was an attorney at an international law firm in its Seattle office. Previously, Mr. Atherton served as lead outside counsel for a major national pharmacy chain, for which he handled leases, acquisitions and developments in all market types and assisted other large corporations with their various real estate needs.
- Represented a Fortune 25 bank in connection with its new market expansion program; drafted and negotiated leases and purchase and sale agreements
- Represented an international e-commerce retailer in connection with the buildout of its domestic distribution network; drafted and negotiated leases and development agreements for sort centers and last-mile delivery facilities
- Represented a national grocer in connection with its rollout of its new concept stores
- Represented a Fortune 5 national pharmacy chain in connection with its real estate acquisition, disposition, leasing, construction and development, and sale/leaseback program
- Boston College Law School, J.D.
- Tufts University, B.A., magna cum laude
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Member, 2022-Present; Washington State Government Relations Committee, 2023-Present
- Influencers in CRE Technology, GlobeSt.com, 2024