Mark Bell is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Nashville office. Mr. Bell assists construction stakeholders, insurance policyholders and insurance companies in a wide range of construction and insurance matters.
Mr. Bell's construction experience includes representing owners, developers and contractors in transactions, project advisory services and disputes. He has successfully taken many cases to trial and arbitration concerning construction defects, delays, payment disputes and construction liens. Mr. Bell writes frequently on construction risk transfer devices and routinely assists clients in drafting and negotiating provisions concerning insurance requirements, waivers of subrogation and indemnity obligations.
Mr. Bell also handles insurance coverage matters involving commercial property insurance, builders risk insurance, commercial general liability insurance, directors and officers insurance, cyber liability insurance, errors and omissions insurance, professional athlete disability insurance and representations and warranties insurance (RWI).
In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Bell frequently speaks on insurance and construction issues. He has presented at annual insurance conferences across the country, including in New York, Florida, Las Vegas, San Francisco and Hawaii. His article on concurrent causation, published in the Connecticut Insurance Law Journal, has been cited in opinions by the New Mexico Court of Appeals, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas and briefs submitted to various courts.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D.
- Brigham Young University, B.A., Economics
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- All State Courts in New York
- All State Courts in Tennessee
- All State Courts in Texas
- All U.S. District Courts in Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Mid-Tennessee CPCU Society, President, 2018
- International Risk Management Institute (IRMI), CGL Reporter, Board, Editor, 2014-2018
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (CPCU)
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Insurance Law, 2020-2024
- Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine, 2022-2023
- Rising Star, Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine, 2018-2020
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter, Professional CPCU Insurance Designation
- Order of the Coif