Sara Benson is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Washington, D.C., office. Ms. Benson focuses her practice on a variety of litigation and dispute resolution matters.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Benson served as a judicial law clerk with the Honorable Michael J. Newman of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
During law school, Ms. Benson gained experience advocating for community groups at the school's First Amendment Clinic. She also served as a notes editor of the Washington University Jurisprudence Review. In addition, she served as a teaching fellow for the Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Project.
- Washington University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Michigan, B.A., Communications and Psychology
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Dean's Leadership Award, Washington University School of Law, 2020
- Mary Collier Hitchcock Prize, Washington University Jurisprudence Review, 2020
- Dean's List, Washington University School of Law, 2018-2019
- James B. Angell Scholar, University of Michigan, 2014-2017