Hannah Berny is an attorney in Holland & Knight’s Nashville office. As a member of the firm’s Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditor’s Right’s Practice Group, she focuses her practice in helping corporate debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, and court-appointed trustees in complex corporate restructurings and liquidations in Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 cases. Ms. Berny's clients include hospitals and health systems, banks and financial institutions, dental groups, and professional sports organizations, among others.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Berny worked as a judicial clerk for the 21st Judicial District of the Williamson County Circuit Court and for the Hon. W. Neal McBrayer of the Tennessee Court of Appeals.
- Representation of hospital in Chapter 11 proceedings, including the management and negotiation of over 30 related adversary proceedings
- Representation of court-appointed Chapter 11 trustee in a highly contested individual Chapter 11 Bankruptcy out of Texas involving multi-state land disputes and corporate governance issues
- Representation of multiple proton therapy centers in a jointly-administered Chapter 11 case, including the marketing and sale of the debtor's assets through a competitive 363 sale process and the resolution of multiple related adversary proceedings
- Representation of a home owners association on Subchapter IV Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding to sell all assets of the debtor through a 363 sale process, successfully selling all assets free and clear of over 500 conflicting interests without objection
- Belmont University College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Mississippi State University, Bachelor of Agribusiness, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- All State Courts in Tennessee
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Division
- Tennessee Lawyer’s Association For Women
- Turnaround Management Association
- Williamson County 4-H Youth Program, Volunteer