Noel R. Boeke is a business lawyer who focuses on solving a wide range of business problems. He has a particular focus in bankruptcy and loan workouts, creditors' rights litigation, non-compete litigation, commercial litigation, real estate transactions, and mergers and acquisitions. He also has experience in business contract negotiations and Uniform Commercial Code issues.
Mr. Boeke represents various types of business clients, financial institutions, debtors, and creditors, including commercial banks, private equity funds, finance subsidiaries of manufacturers, corporations, receivers, bankruptcy trustees, assignees for the benefit of creditors, special servicers, landlords, Chapter 11 debtors and creditor committees. His practice includes a wide range of representation of these types of clients in litigation, bankruptcy, negotiation of loan workouts, asset sales and purchases, documentation of debtor-in-possession financing, and other loan transactions and security interests. Mr. Boeke also handles litigation in federal, bankruptcy and state courts, and at arbitration, with a focus on creditors' rights issues, including credit litigation, lien enforcement, commercial mortgage foreclosures, fraudulent or preferential transfer actions, consumer finance defense litigation, defense of actions involving debt collection practices, assignments for the benefit of creditors and other types of credit litigation. Mr. Boeke provides a wide variety of services to lenders and creditors with respect to perfection and enforcement of their rights under the Uniform Commercial Code.
Mr. Boeke has represented numerous clients in merger and acquisition transactions, including buyers and sellers of businesses, assets and loans. His practice includes representation of buyers and sellers in real estate transactions and lenders and borrowers in commercial loan transactions.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Boeke served more than seven years in the U.S. Navy. He served two years on the Headquarters Staff of the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program in Washington, D.C., primarily assisting in the annual planning, award and administration of Naval shipbuilding and engineering services contracts. Mr. Boeke then served five years at Newport News Shipbuilding in Newport News, Virginia, as the on-site contracts and financial representative for all nuclear-related shipbuilding, overhaul and business matters at the shipyard.
Mr. Boeke is past president of the Florida Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association (TMA), an international nonprofit organization dedicated to corporate renewal and turnaround management. He has served as a trustee and vice president for education on the Global TMA Board, was co-chair of a TMA Annual Conference and Spring Conference, and prior chair the TMA Southeast Regional Conference. Mr. Boeke has been a member of Vistage f/k/a The Executive Committee, President's Forum (TEC #2223) since 2006.
Mr. Boeke serves on the Tampa Advisory Board of Quest Inc. He served on the Board of Trustees for Saint Leo University for nine years. He also served on a Florida Bar Grievance Committee for the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit for three years. He was a member of the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce Leadership Tampa Class of 2013.
During law school, Mr. Boeke served as notes editor of the Georgia Law Review. He is a member of Beta Gamma Sigma.
- The University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- College of William & Mary, MBA
- Northwestern University, B.A.
- All State Courts in Florida
- All Federal Courts in Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Litigation Counsel of America, 2015-2016
- Turnaround Management Association, Florida Chapter, former President; Southeast Regional Conference, former Chair; Spring Conference, former Co-Chair; Global Board Member, Florida Board Member
- Vistage/The Executive Committee, President's Forum (TEC Florida)
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association, President
- The Florida Bar, Grievance Committee, 13th Judicial Circuit, Past Chair, 2012-2015
- Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce Leadership Tampa, Class of 2013
- Saint Leo University, Board of Trustees, 2010-2019
- Quest Inc., Tampa Advisory Board
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation - Bankruptcy, 2009-2022
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, 2009-2021
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2012-2021