Jake Bohn is a Jacksonville attorney who focuses his practice on a variety of litigation matters in state and federal court. Mr. Bohn's practice includes a variety of business and contract disputes, including real estate disputes, intellectual property claims and consumer protection claims.
During law school, Mr. Bohn was president of the school's chapter of the Christian Legal Society, and served as articles and notes editor on the Journal of Intellectual Property Law. Mr. Bohn also worked as a student advocate in the Veterans Legal Clinic, where he assisted veterans with claims for disability compensation, discharge upgrades and various other benefits from administrative agencies such as the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and U.S. Social Security Administration. Additionally, he served as a teaching assistant for courses in legal writing and was a research assistant for Peter Rutledge, Dean and Herman E. Talmadge Chair of Law.
Before law school, Mr. Bohn attended West Point and was commissioned as a field artillery officer. In seven years of active duty, Mr. Bohn reached the rank of captain, completing Army Ranger School, Airborne School and Air Assault School. He was deployed to Afghanistan with the 1st Calvary Division in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, and served on the Global Response Force as a paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne Division.
Because of his time in service, Mr. Bohn is committed to serving our nation’s veterans. As part of Holland & Knight's involvement with the Florida Governor's Initiative on Lawyers Assisting Warriors (GI LAW), Mr. Bohn provides pro bono representation to local military service members.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D.
- United States Military Academy, West Point, B.S., American Legal Studies
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Federal Bar Association (FBA), Jacksonville Chapter
- Christian Legal Society
- Chester Bedell American Inn of Court
- Morton P. Levine Scholar, The University of Georgia School of Law, 2018-2021
- Veterans Scholar, The University of Georgia School of Law, 2018-2021