Matt Borello is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Jacksonville office, where he focuses his practice on a variety of litigation matters in state and federal court.
Mr. Borello's practice includes representing business entities and individuals in complex litigation matters and other disputes in the areas of real property, torts, contractual disputes, shareholder disputes, consumer protection defense, creditors' rights and bankruptcy, class actions and civil trial practice.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Borello practiced in the Jacksonville office of an AmLaw 200 firm, where he handled a wide range of matters involving commercial litigation, consumer protection defense, and insurance and contract disputes.
During law school, Mr. Borello worked as a research and teaching assistant for the University of Florida Warrington College of Business' MBA program and clerked at a local law firm, where he handled both criminal and civil matters. He also served as a student ambassador for the University of Florida Levin College of Law.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Florida State University, B.S., cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- The Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Board Member, 2020-Present
- The Chester Bedell American Inn of Court, Associate Member, 2020-2021
- Pin Recipient in Recognition of Pro Bono Service, Jacksonville Area Legal Aid, 2022
- Book Award, Florida Corporate Law, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2019
- Book Award, Corporate Law, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2018
- Book Award, Trial Practice, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2018