Joshua I. Bosin
Joshua I. Bosin leads the firm's Labor, Employment and Benefits Practice Group in its Atlanta office. He is an experienced trial lawyer and advisor who defends major corporations, educational institutions and governmental entities throughout the United States as principal counsel in complex civil litigation and employment-related disputes in federal and state courts, before administrative agencies and in arbitration. Mr. Bosin serves as outside counsel for colleges, universities and independent schools and provides advice on a broad range of education-related matters.
Mr. Bosin routinely handles matters involving federal, state and local employment laws, minimum wage and overtime statutes, wage and hour compliance, audits and claims, executive employment agreements, comprehensive arbitration agreements, employee discipline and workforce reductions, non-competition, non-solicitation, trade secret and unfair competition disputes (including preliminary and permanent injunctions), disability, leave and reasonable accommodations policies, employment-related class and collective actions, internal investigations and crisis management. His practice also includes counseling and representing employers in connection with labor union matters and union-management relations.
Clients turn to Mr. Bosin for guidance and training in the areas of workplace harassment, discrimination and retaliation, employee discipline and termination, reductions-in-force, confidential and proprietary information and workplace ethics. Mr. Bosin also conducts comprehensive internal audits of human resources policies and procedures and prepares employee and employment-related handbooks.
His experience also includes conducting comprehensive disparity studies involving minority and women business enterprises (MWBEs), disadvantaged business enterprises (DBEs), and small disadvantaged businesses (SDBs).
Mr. Bosin served as Hall County, Georgia's managing litigation counsel during the firm's engagement as Interim County Attorney.
Mr. Bosin represents educational institutions in connection with a broad array of campus matters involving student affairs, tenure and faculty disputes, student financial aid, Title IX sex discrimination and harassment, the Clery Act and campus safety and security, the protection of minors, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and student privacy issues, student conduct and discipline, faculty, staff and student policies, procedures and handbooks, institutional and faculty governance, vendor contracts and relationship management, regulatory issues, union organizing on campus and preventative training.
Mr. Bosin is a member of the firm's Diversity Council and chairs the Atlanta office's Diversity Committee.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., with distinction
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- All State Courts in Georgia
- National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA), Journal of College and University Law, Editorial Board; NACUANOTES, Editorial Board
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Entertainment & Sports Industries; Labor & Employment Law Section; Litigation Section
- State Bar of Georgia, Advisory Committee on Legislation; Committee to Promote Inclusion in the Profession (Commitment to Equality Awards, Former Chair); Entertainment & Sports Law Section; Labor & Employment Law Section; Law School Outreach Committee; Professionalism Committee; School & College Law Section
- State Bar of Georgia Young Lawyers Division, Former Director; Ethics and Professionalism Committee, Former Co-Chair; Labor & Employment Law Committee; Litigation Committee; Long Range Planning Committee, Former Co-Chair
- Georgia Lawyers for the Arts, Former Director and Board President
- AIDS Research Consortium of Atlanta, Former Director
- Voices of Note, Atlanta Gay Men's Chorus, Legal Committee
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Employment Law - Management, 2023
- Georgia Super Lawyers magazine, 2017-2022
- Rising Star, Georgia Super Lawyers magazine, 2010-2016
- Georgia Legal Elite, Georgia Trend magazine, 2010-2013, 2015
- Best LGBT Lawyers Under 40, The National LGBT Bar Association, 2015
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Fellows Program, 2015
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Georgia Lawyers for the Arts, Ben White Distinguished Service Award
- Award of Achievement for Outstanding Service to the Bar; State Bar of Georgia Young Lawyers Division
- Award of Achievement for Outstanding Service to the Young Lawyers Division, State Bar of Georgia Young Lawyers Division
- Leadership Academy, Class of 2008, State Bar of Georgia Young Lawyers Division
- University of Miami Inter-American Law Review, Executive Editor
- University of Miami School of Law Moot Court Board