Christopher W. Boyett
Christopher W. Boyett co-chairs Holland & Knight's National Private Wealth practice. Mr. Boyett advises domestic and international wealthy families throughout Florida on sophisticated estate planning strategies and options and counsels family businesses on succession planning and tax planning. Additionally, he advises both institutional and individual clients on estate and trust administration issues.
Industry sources praise Mr. Boyett's work:
His knowledge is superb, he is incredibly responsive and he is really able to put together a team of the relevant people … Chris is super-attentive, also has a great bedside manner, good judgement and is always willing to go the extra mile for clients.
– Chambers High Net Worth 2022 guide
An outstanding trusts and estates attorney who consistently provides excellent advice to clients.
– The Best Lawyers in America 2021 guide
He is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Miami School of Law, Graduate Program in Taxation.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of Florida, B.S., Business Administration, with honors
- University of Florida, MBA, Finance
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation
- Estate Planning Council of Greater Miami
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow
- Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Legal Services of Greater Miami Inc., Equal Justice Pro Bono Champion Award, 2023
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Trusts and Estates, 2003-2024; Litigation - Trusts and Estates, 2011-2024; Tax Law, 2013-2024; Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, 2022-2024
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Miami Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year, 2019, 2021, 2024
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2023
- Chambers High Net Worth guide, Private Wealth Law: Florida, 2016-2023
- The Best of the Best USA, Trusts and Estates, Legal Media Group's Expert Guides, 2022
- Who's Who Legal: Private Client, 2021, 2022
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020, 2021
- Who's Who Legal: Florida, Private Client, 2020
- Legal Week, Private Client Global Elite, 2017-2019, 2021
- Top Lawyer, South Florida Legal Guide, 2004-2017
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Tax: Estate Planning, 2010-2016
- United States Lawyer Rankings, Nation's Top 10 Trusts & Estates Lawyers, 2009-2012, 2014, 2017, 2020
- Florida Legal Elite Hall of Fame, Florida Trend magazine, 2008-2022
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2006-2022
- Top Up and Comer, South Florida Legal Guide, 2001-2003
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated