Valerie Brown is a litigation attorney with concentrations in commercial business and employment disputes. Based in Holland & Knight's Philadelphia office, Ms. Brown treats her practice as a partnership with clients aimed at achieving their business goals through making informed legal decisions. In addition to serving as an adviser for her clients, Ms. Brown also regularly represents clients in state and federal courts nationwide as well as before administrative agencies, arbitration tribunals and mediators.
Ms. Brown's practice includes handling complex litigation disputes, including high-stakes employment claims, collective and class action claims, restrictive covenant cases and single plaintiff employment litigation. Ms. Brown also represents companies in traditional labor matters and has an accomplished track record of representing companies during labor disputes, including strikes.
In addition to being a skilled litigator, Ms. Brown's practice also includes conducting investigations into internal business or employment complaints. Ms. Brown counsels companies and their management teams on their obligations during such investigations, and their public and private responses to the complaints.
As part of her advice and counsel practice, Ms. Brown regularly provides training on and review of business and workplace policies, executive employment agreements, hiring and termination processes, leave policies and practices, drug testing policies, and employee discipline policies and practices.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Brown worked as an in-house employment lawyer for a public company.
- Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- The Ohio State University, B.A., Political Science, cum laude
- New Jersey
- All State Courts in Pennsylvania
- All State Courts in New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Philadelphia Labor and Employment Relations Association
- SpArc Philadelphia, Executive Board Member
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2024
- Best of the Bar, Philadelphia Business Journal, 2022
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Holland & Knight Emerging Leader, Class of 2020