Valerie Brown is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Philadelphia office. Ms. Brown has broad experience representing companies in complex litigation, including a variety of commercial, employment, restrictive covenant and putative class action matters.
Ms. Brown regularly represents clients in both state and federal courts nationwide as well as before administrative agencies, arbitration tribunals and mediators. Ms. Brown's practice includes handling complex employment disputes, including high-stakes employment claims, employment collective and class action claims, restrictive covenant cases, and single plaintiff employment litigation. Ms. Brown also has represented companies in traditional labor matters and has significant strike management and related litigation experience.
In addition, Ms. Brown provides training and guidance related to employment practices and litigation avoidance, including training on and review of anti-harassment policies, workplace investigation practices, employment applications and process, drug testing policies, and employee discipline policies and practices.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Brown worked as an in-house employment lawyer for a public company.
- Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- The Ohio State University, B.A., Political Science, cum laude
- New Jersey
- All State Courts in Pennsylvania
- All State Courts in New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Philadelphia Labor and Employment Relations Association
- SpArc Philadelphia, Executive Board Member
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Holland & Knight Emerging Leader, Class of 2020