Leah E. Capritta is a partner in Holland & Knight's Denver office and a member of the firm's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice. Ms. Capritta currently focuses her practice on representing multinational oil and gas organizations in litigation and regulatory matters, including before the California Public Utilities Commission and other state regulatory boards.
Ms. Capritta's litigation experience also encompasses handling Title VII discrimination lawsuits; Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) disability lawsuits; discrimination and harassment lawsuits; whistleblower actions; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) actions; and class actions involving wage and hour, holiday pay and paycheck claims. Additionally, Ms. Capritta has shepherded clients through commercial insurance coverage disputes and trade secret and trademark infringement cases.
During law school, Ms. Capritta was a staff editor for the University of Denver Law Review. She worked in the insurance industry prior to practicing law.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, J.D.
- University of Colorado Denver, B.A.
- Mile High Society for Human Resource Management
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- American Jurisprudence Awards (Property; Trial Practice; Russian for Lawyers)
- Edith Baines Memorial Scholarship