Tomas E. Castellanos
Tomás E. Castellanos is a Miami attorney and a member of the firm's Real Estate Practice. Mr. Castellanos focuses his practice on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including the financing, acquisition, disposition, leasing and development of real estate assets.
Mr. Castellanos advises developers, equity investors, joint ventures and investment firms in complex real estate transactions for acquisitions, developments and construction of real estate assets.
Mr. Castellanos also handles all aspects of commercial lending transactions, including the drafting and negotiation of loan documents, as well as the review of due diligence items, on behalf of local and national lenders for various types of real estate projects throughout the United States.
Additionally, Mr. Castellanos represents local government clients in the purchase, sale, leasing, development and financing of municipally owned real estate assets.
While at the University of Notre Dame Law School, Mr. Castellanos served as the executive notes editor for the Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy and as an intern for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in Miami.
Prior to law school, Mr. Castellanos worked as a meteorologist for a weather consulting company, where he provided bilingual weather forecasting services to public and private industry clients throughout the Caribbean.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., cum laude
- University of Florida, M.A.
- Cornell University, B.S.
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Notre Dame Club of Miami
- Cornell Club of Greater Miami and the Florida Keys, Board Member
- American Meteorological Society
- The CLEO Institute, Board Member
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020, 2021
- Cornell University Dean's List
- University of Notre Dame Law School Dean's List
- University of Notre Dame Law School Dean's Award, Election Law
- University of Notre Dame Law School Dean's Award, Local Government Law