Tomas E. Castellanos is a Miami real estate attorney who focuses his practice on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including the financing, acquisition, disposition, leasing and development of real estate assets.
Mr. Castellanos advises developers, investors and joint ventures in complex real estate transactions for acquisitions, developments and construction of real estate assets, including international clients interested in investing in the United States, with a special focus on Spanish and Latin American clients.
Mr. Castellanos also handles all aspects of commercial lending transactions, including the drafting and negotiation of loan documents, as well as the review of due diligence items, on behalf of local and national lenders for various types of real estate projects throughout the U.S.
In addition, Mr. Castellanos drafts and negotiates lease agreements in the representation of landlords and tenants, including government entities, financial institutions and restaurant owners. Mr. Castellanos also represents local government clients in the purchase, sale, leasing, development and financing of municipally owned real estate assets.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Castellanos served as an intern for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in Miami, assisting the Office of International Affairs (OIA) and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) unit.
While in law school, Mr. Castellanos served as the executive notes editor for the Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy.
Prior to law school, Mr. Castellanos worked as a meteorologist for a weather consulting company, where he provided bilingual weather forecasting services to public and private industry clients throughout the Caribbean.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., cum laude
- University of Florida, M.A.
- Cornell University, B.S.
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Notre Dame Club of Miami
- Cornell Club of Greater Miami and the Florida Keys, Board Member, 2017-Present
- Cornell Alumni Admissions Ambassador Network (CAAAN), Miami-Dade Chair, 2017-Present
- CAAAN Advisory Committee, 2022-Present
- American Meteorological Society
- The CLEO Institute, Board Member, 2021-Present
- All Souls' Episcopal Church, Senior Warden, 2022-Present
- CAAAN, Chair of the Year, 2021-2022
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2021, 2022
- Dean's List, Cornell University
- Dean’s List, University of Notre Dame Law School
- Dean's Award, Election Law, University of Notre Dame Law School
- Dean's Award, Local Government Law, University of Notre Dame Law School