Mischaël "Misch" Cetoute is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office, where he focuses his practice on land use and zoning law. Mr. Cetoute regularly represents developers and other property owners before local governments and state agencies in obtaining permits and approvals. Mr. Cetoute has experience working with development teams, meeting with key constituencies, interacting with municipal staff and elected officials on Comprehensive Development Master Plan (CDMP) amendments, as well as handling zoning district boundary changes, variance applications and other matters in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Cetoute taught high school history and served as the dean of a Title I school in Brooklyn, New York. Mr. Cetoute received national recognition and awards from Teach for America, and the New York City Department of Education, for his teaching and leadership. While working as an educator, Mr. Cetoute helped lead a National Institute of Justice (NIJ) multimillion-dollar randomized control trial on school safety, which resulted in multiple features in national media outlets such as NPR and PBS. In law school, Mr. Cetoute served as editor for a law review journal and as a Dean's Writing Fellow. He also worked as a judicial intern for the Honorable Darrin P. Gayles of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida and as a law clerk in the City of Miami Beach Attorney's Office.
Mr. Cetoute's proven track record of leadership goes back to his days as an undergraduate student at the University of Miami, where he was chosen to lead a presidential task force that addressed issues related to diversity and inclusion on campus. He was also elected president of the Eta Delta Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, which received the Chapter of the Year award under his tutelage. During this time, Mr. Cetoute received all of the university's highest honors, was quoted and featured on the front page of the campus newspaper repeatedly and delivered several keynote speeches to donors and trustees.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D./LL.M, Real Property Development, cum laude
- Columbia University, M.A., Education Policy
- University of Miami, B.A., Political Science and Africana Studies
- Haitian Lawyers Association
- Wilkie D. Ferguson Jr. Bar Association
- Omicron Delta Kappa, 2014-Present
- University of Miami Mortar Board, 2014-Present
- Iron Arrow Honor Society, the Highest Honor Attained at the University of Miami, 2015
- Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges, 2015
- Director's Award, Real Property Development, University of Miami School of Law, 2021
- HOPE Pro Bono Challenge Certificate, University of Miami School of Law, 2021-2023
- Haitian Creole