Rebecca Chaffin is a financial services attorney in Holland & Knight's Charlotte office. Ms. Chaffin has more than 25 years of experience in corporate lending transactions, including syndicated lending and tax-exempt financing. Her experience includes investment grade and leveraged syndicated facilities, including multicurrency facilities, letter of credit and credit enhancement facilities, acquisition financings and employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) financings.
Ms. Chaffin has led transactions involving borrowers in many different industries with collateral of various types, including monetized contract rights, capital campaign pledge receipts, real estate and offshore collateral. Ms. Chaffin also has extensive experience representing lenders in the government contracting space, and representing trustees and escrow agents in various structures, including convertible debentures, senior subordinated notes, master trust indentures and complex conduit financings.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Chaffin was a partner with a global law firm in its Charlotte office.
- Served as counsel to lead arranger and administrative agent for a $1 billion senior secured revolving credit facility for a privately held aerospace, aviation and defense engineering company in the government contracting sector
- Served as counsel to lead arranger and administrative agent for a $800 million multicurrency cross-border senior secured credit facility for an international public company in the produce industry
- Served as counsel to lead arranger and administrative agent for a $1.5 billion multicurrency senior secured revolving credit and term loan facility for a publicly traded international infrastructure contracting company
- Served as counsel to lead arranger and administrative agent for a $2.5 billion senior credit facility for a publicly traded, investment grade retailer
- Served as counsel to lead arranger and administrative agent for a $2 billion multicurrency cross-border senior credit facility for a publicly traded international fuel supplier
- Served as counsel to lead arranger, administrative agent and lender for numerous bank-held, tax-exempt bond financings in the governmental, healthcare and not-for-profit spaces, including for governmental units, continuing care retirement facilities, hospital systems and universities
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- Duke University, B.A., magna cum laude
- North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Bankers Association
- North Carolina Dance Theatre, Board of Directors
- Davidson College Presbyterian Church, Elder
- Virginia Law Review
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Banking and Finance Law, 2019-2024
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Banking and Finance, North Carolina, 2015-2023
- The Legal 500 USA, Commercial Lending, 2020
- The Legal 500 USA, Leading Lawyer, Commercial Lending: Advice to Lenders, North Carolina, 2017