Kevin Cox practices in Holland & Knight's Tallahassee office handling complex commercial litigation matters in industries primarily encompassing healthcare, utilities and financial services.
Mr. Cox's practice includes state and federal court litigation in the areas of antitrust, false claims, deceptive trade practices, computer fraud and abuse, constitutional challenges and employment discrimination. In particular, he has defended numerous hospitals as well as The Florida Bar against state and/or federal antitrust claims. He has also represented clients in administrative, appellate and arbitration proceedings, and regularly counsels clients on antitrust and related issues.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Cox served for two years as a law clerk to the Honorable Robert L. Hinkle of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida. During law school, Mr. Cox worked as a research assistant to Professor Daniel R. Coquillette on projects related to legal history and the history of the Harvard Law School.
Before entering law school, Mr. Cox was an investment banker in the Boston office of J.P. Morgan Chase, where he worked on initial public offerings, private financings, and mergers and acquisitions in the software, internet and telecommunications sectors.
A native of Tallahassee, Mr. Cox is committed to his community and primarily focuses his volunteer efforts on supporting schools and student achievement, which has included coaching middle and high school students from across Florida to represent the state in winning national academic competitions. He also serves as the Tallahassee office's coordinator of public and charitable service activities.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Harvard University, A.B., Classics: Latin and Greek, magna cum laude
- All State Courts in Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- American Classical League
- Classical Association of Florida
- Leadership Tallahassee, Class 33
- William H. Stafford American Inn of Court, Counselor and President-Elect
- The Florida Bar
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Runner Up, Tallahassee Democrat’s 39th Annual Volunteer of the Year Award in the Category of Education, 2017
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star, 2014
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2013-2017
- Middle School Quiz Bowl Coach of the Year, National Academic Quiz Tournaments, 2018