Arantxa Cuadrado is a litigation attorney who focuses on international arbitration and is based in Holland & Knight's New York office. Ms. Cuadrado has handled commercial and investment arbitrations administered by the main arbitral institutions, including the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR) and International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), and governed by the laws of common law and civil law jurisdictions. She assists clients in English, French and Spanish, and has experience in disputes involving the mining and transport sectors, among other industries.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Cuadrado trained at the international arbitration teams of two leading Swiss law firms where she was involved in commercial and investment arbitrations. She also worked as an ad honorem assistant at the United Nations' International Law Commission and as an intern at the United Nations' Committee on the Rights of the Child.
- Represents a pharmaceutical company in an International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) arbitration with a seat in San Francisco concerning a licensing agreement dispute under New York law
- Represented a Panamanian company in an International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR) arbitration with a seat in New York concerning breaches of a fuel supply agreement under New York law
- Represented an Honduran company advising on a potential litigation against a Swiss company concerning breaches of a fuel supply agreement under New York law
- Represented a U.S. company advising on a potential United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) arbitration with a seat in New York related to the sale of a lubricant additive plant in Mexico and involving alleged breaches of a share sale agreement
- Represented a Latin American state in an International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) arbitration under the Dominican Republic-Central America-United States Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA-DR) concerning the mining sector
- Represented a coal company in an ICC arbitration among the shareholders in the concessionaire of a railway in Colombia.
- Assisted in the representation of a Latin American state in an UNCITRAL arbitration arising out of the alleged termination of mining concessions
- Columbia Law School, LL.M.
- Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, M.A., International Law
- Universidad de Valencia, J.D., with honors
- New York
- Executive Committee of the New York Chapter of Energy Related Arbitration Practitioners (ENERAP), 2021-2023
- Club Español del Arbitraje
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG)
- Swiss Arbitration Association
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020, 2021
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Columbia University Law School, 2017
- Parker School of Foreign and Comparative Law Recognition, Columbia University Law School, 2017
- Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies, Ramón Areces Foundation, 2011-2013
- Collaboration in University Departments Scholarship, Spanish Ministry of Education, 2010-2011
- Extraordinary Law Degree Award, Universidad de Valencia, 2011