Agnes O. Doyle is a Houston litigation attorney who practices complex commercial and civil litigation in both state and federal court. Ms. Doyle routinely represents clients in a broad range of commercial, energy, construction, intellectual property and employment disputes. Her general litigation experience includes drafting pleadings, motion practice, discovery management, trial management and settlement negotiations.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Doyle worked for a Texas-based law firm in its Houston office. In her role there, she represented a variety of clients in business, energy and employment disputes.
During law school, Ms. Doyle served as the senior articles editor of the SMU Science & Technology Law Review. She also advocated for clients as chief counsel of the SMU Consumer Advocacy Project and Legal Clinic and participated in moot court.
In addition, Ms. Doyle also serves as the Public and Charitable Services chair for Holland & Knight's Houston office, leading charitable services and pro bono efforts. She also serves on the board of directors for The Holland & Knight Charitable Foundation.
- Represented a financial services company in a fraudulent transfer and tortious interference dispute against a competitor that resulted in a favorable settlement
- Obtained a favorable award for a financial services company in a contractual, unfair and deceptive trade practices dispute in an arbitration proceeding
- Successful representation of a financial services company in a contractual, unfair and deceptive trade dispute against a consumer in a state court proceeding that resulted in the dismissal of claims
- Obtained a favorable judgment and injunctive relief for an energy sector client in a theft and fraudulent transfer dispute
- Successful representation of various commercial businesses in debt collection disputes
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a risk management company in a misappropriation of trade secret, breach of fiduciary duty and employment dispute against the client's former employees and a competing company
- Assisted in mediating employment disputes for a national medical practice partnership in an employment dispute with the client's former employee
- Obtained a favorable award for a contractor in a construction dispute against a general contractor for misappropriation of trust funds in an arbitration proceeding
- Successful representation of a subcontractor in a construction and warranties dispute against the owner and general contractor for a real estate development project
- Obtained a favorable settlement for an aviation company in a discrimination and defamation dispute against a passenger that resulted in the dismissal of claims
- Obtained favorable judgments for companies, including punitive damages for breach of contract, fraud, tortious interference, breach of warranties and misrepresentation disputes
- Successful representation of a lender in negotiating the sale of a commercial real estate property after a default by borrower
- Served as trustee in a commercial real estate property foreclosure sale
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Texas A&M University, B.S., Political Science, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Lawyers Association
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Houston Urban Debate League (HUDL) Young Professionals Council
- Teach for America, Alumni
- The Houston Livestock & Rodeo Committeeman
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellow, 2021
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star Award, 2017-2019