Jessica Ragosta Early is a Boston-based member of Holland & Knight's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice. Ms. Early advises companies and individuals regarding complex business disputes, including breach of contract, unfair trade practices, unfair competition and breach of fiduciary duty in both the corporate and trusts and estates contexts. Ms. Early also has significant experience with environmental cost recovery and property damage, toxic torts and product liability actions. Clients rely on Ms. Early to help avoid or resolve conflict short of litigation whenever possible and to vigorously represent them through all phases of litigation, including at the trial and appellate level, and in state and federal courts.
Ms. Early's representative engagements include:
- representing a media company, television personality and former employees in a Massachusetts state court action involving partnership and contract disputes, as well as allegations of unfair competition, breach of fiduciary duty, defamation and misappropriation of trade secrets
- representing an investment manager of affordable housing in partnership disputes pending in New York state court
- representing an international oil and gas company in a Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and Clean Water Act (CWA) citizen suit alleging failure to adequately prepare against potential impacts of climate change
- representing a medical technology company in a Massachusetts arbitration of Wage Act, contract and fiduciary duty claims involving the former CEO
- defending a national consulting firm against misappropriation of trade secret and contract claims in Texas state court
- defending institutional and professional trustees in breach of fiduciary duty claims in Massachusetts superior and probate court
- representing an international oil and gas company in numerous environmental matters in state and federal courts throughout New England, including claims by property owners and various states and municipalities for alleged contamination of groundwater caused by gasoline containing MTBE
- representing a television station in a copyright infringement action in Massachusetts federal court
- drafting an amicus brief on behalf of an energy consulting firm and various municipal agencies concerning a question of statutory interpretation before the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court
- representing a major technology company in a contract dispute in Massachusetts arbitration
- representing an education company in a contract dispute with a former employee in Massachusetts state court
- representing a television show producer in a Massachusetts state court action involving a royalty dispute
- advising a hotel concerning its contractual rights under an agreement to provide rooms for visiting sports teams
- advising a national parking company concerning legal implications of a possible new valet parking venture
- representing various companies and individuals in response to third-party subpoenas in Massachusetts state court
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Early served as a judicial clerk in the Massachusetts Appeals Court for the Honorable Scott L. Kafker, now a justice of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court. She also interned as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Margaret R. Hinkle (Ret.) of the Business Litigation Session of the Massachusetts Superior Court.
In the community, Ms. Early is passionate about empowering women and children, and eliminating racism and inequity through the YW Boston, where she serves on its Board of Directors and Fund Development Committee. She also supports women in the legal profession through mentoring and her participation in the Massachusetts Women's Bar Association.