Richard D. Eckhard is a real estate attorney whose practice focuses on office and retail real estate development, leasing, acquisition and disposition. He represents national and regional landlords and tenants in connection with office buildings, shopping centers and mixed–use properties. He also handles synthetic and leveraged leases. Mr. Eckhard is the former practice group leader of the Tampa Real Estate Group.
Mr. Eckhard is a member of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers and chair of The Florida Bar Real Property Leasing Committee. Since 2007, he has served as a member of the faculty of Georgetown University Law Center's Advanced Commercial Leasing Institute and frequently lectures on real estate transaction topics. Mr. Eckhard is Board Certified in Real Estate Law in Florida and is a member of the Real Estate Advisory Board of Bergstrom Center for Real Estate Studies at the University of Florida.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- Harvard University Kennedy School of Government, M.A., Government
- University of Virginia, B.A., cum laude
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers, Member
- American Bar Association, Probate & Real Property Section
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Landlord Tenant Committee, Incoming-Chair
- American Bar Association Subcommittee on Real Estate Transactions, Young Lawyers Division, Chairman, 1988-1990
- Georgetown Law's Advanced Commercial Leasing Institute, Faculty
- University of Florida MBA Real Estate program, Advisory Board Member
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Real Estate Law, 2005-2022
- The Legal 500 USA, Real Estate, 2021
- Who's Who Legal Florida: Real Estate, 2020
- Who's Who Legal: Real Estate: Global Leader, 2019
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Real Estate, 2007-2021
- Best Real Estate Attorney, NAIOP Tampa Bay, 2014
- Who's Who Legal 100: Real Estate, 2014
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2013
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2021
- Who's Who Legal, 2011, 2012
- Super Lawyers magazine, Corporate Counsel Edition, May 2009
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated