Dana E. Feinstein
Dana E. Feinstein is an employment attorney in Holland & Knight's Philadelphia office and a member of the Labor, Employment and Benefits Group. Ms. Feinstein represents employers before federal, state and local administrative agencies and courts in a broad scope of employment litigation, including single-plaintiff and collective, class and multi-plaintiff discrimination, retaliation, harassment and whistleblower actions. Ms. Feinstein represents national clients in the telecommunications, technology, automotive, financial, healthcare and pharmaceutical industries.
A primary focus of Ms. Feinstein's practice is in internal investigations and crisis management, as well as emergency and contingency planning, especially in response to claims of sexual harassment and assault. In addition, she counsels clients on a variety of employment issues, including best practices for workplace policies. She is a frequent lecturer and writes articles on #MeToo, discrimination and retaliation, sexual harassment and internal investigations.
In the community, Ms. Feinstein serves as the co-chair of the Philadelphia chapter of the Harvard Law School Women's Alliance. She also is active on the professional advisory committee of Frankie's World, a nonprofit medical daycare for children with disabilities, and as a volunteer at the Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians, an organization helping to settle immigrants in the Philadelphia area.
During law school, Ms. Feinstein served on the board of the Harvard Women's Law Association and represented pro bono immigration clients in bond hearings and permanent residency applications. Before law school, Ms. Feinstein worked as an immigration paralegal and as the program director of a technology startup.
- Successfully compelled to arbitration a gender bias suit brought by an attorney against her former employer
- Obtained full dismissal of Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower retaliation case brought by an in-house attorney against his former employer
- Obtained summary judgment in a sexual harassment case involving allegations of harassing messages and commentary and retaliatory termination by a supervisor
- Obtained favorable resolution of a race discrimination and retaliation claim brought by a former employee against his employer and obtained a nuisance settlement of all claims
- Obtained favorable resolution of a race, national origin and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) discrimination and retaliation claim brought by a former employee against her employer and obtained a nuisance settlement of all claims
- Obtained favorable resolution of a disability discrimination, failure to accommodate and retaliation claim brought by a former employee against her employer and obtained a settlement of all claims for a fraction of authority
- Obtained favorable resolution of a disability discrimination and failure to accommodate claim brought by a former employee against his employer and obtained a settlement of all claims for a fraction of authority
- Harvard Law School, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., Comparative Literature and French Studies, summa cum laude
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Philadelphia Litigation - Labor and Employment Ones to Watch, 2022
- The Legal Intelligencer, Lawyers on the Fast Track, Professional Excellence Awards, 2021