Dana E. Feinstein
Dana E. Feinstein is a Philadelphia employment attorney and a member of Holland & Knight's Labor, Employment and Benefits Group. Ms. Feinstein represents employers in a wide scope of employment litigation, including claims of discrimination, retaliation, harassment and whistleblower claims, as well as wage and hour collective, class and multi-plaintiff actions.
Ms. Feinstein specializes her practice in crisis management and emergency and contingency planning, especially regarding claims of sexual harassment and assault, as well as widespread workplace safety concerns, including pandemic response efforts. In addition, she counsels clients on a variety of employment issues, including best practices for workplace policies. Ms. Feinstein represents national clients in the telecommunications, healthcare, pharmaceutical and engineering industries. She is a frequent lecturer and writes articles on topics of #MeToo, discrimination and retaliation, sexual harassment and internal investigations.
In the community, Ms. Feinstein serves as the co-chair of the Philadelphia chapter of the Harvard Law School Women's Alliance. She also is active on the professional advisory committee of Frankie's World, a nonprofit medical daycare for children with disabilities, and as a volunteer at the Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians, an organization helping to settle immigrants in the Philadelphia area.
During law school, Ms. Feinstein served on the board of the Harvard Women's Law Association and represented pro bono immigration clients in bond hearings and permanent residency applications. Prior to law school, Ms. Feinstein worked as an immigration paralegal and as the program director of a technology startup.
- Successfully compelled to arbitration a gender bias suit brought by an attorney against her former employer
- Obtained full dismissal of Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower retaliation case brought by an in-house attorney against his former employer
- Obtained summary judgment in a sexual harassment case involving allegations of harassing messages and commentary and retaliatory termination by a supervisor
- Obtained favorable resolution of a race discrimination and retaliation claim brought by a former employee against his employer and obtained a nuisance settlement of all claims
- Obtained favorable resolution of a race, national origin and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) discrimination and retaliation claim brought by a former employee against her employer and obtained a nuisance settlement of all claims
- Harvard Law School, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., Comparative Literature and French Studies, summa cum laude
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association