Gemma R. Galeoto is a Dallas trial attorney licensed in four states with a decade of experience. She focuses her practice on complex business disputes over a variety of industries, including healthcare, financial institutions, white collar, employment and trade secret litigation. Ms. Galeoto has significant courtroom experience as lead counsel in trials and arbitrations, as well as counsel in appellate oral argument in state and federal courts.
Ms. Galeoto's peers and community recognize her as a D Magazine "Best Lawyer Under 40" and name her among the top attorneys in Texas.
Representative areas of her practice include:
- representing hospitals, insurers, healthcare and managed care organizations in liability disputes
- representing financial institutions in lender liability and intercreditor disputes
- representing shareholders, limited liability companies, and partnerships in business relationships and dispute resolution assisting companies in defending and bringing claims for fraud/breach of contract/misappropriation of trade secrets
- defending financial institutions and nontraditional lenders against consumer disputes and class actions regarding Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), False Claims Act (FCA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) and Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Consumer Protection Act (DTPA) claims
- fraudulent transfer disputes and trustee/receivership considerations
- post-bankruptcy confirmation and adversary proceedings, including preference disputes
- protecting employers and employees in non-compete disputes
- obtaining emergency injunctive relief for clients
- defending lawyers in various malpractice disputes with applicable state bars and advising on professional responsibility inquiries
- serving entertainment law clients in drafting license and production agreements
- appellate and arbitration briefing and oral argument